With the growing popularity of Nolah mattress, we felt it would be a great idea to give the customer a look at how it compares to other popular bed in a box brands.
In this evaluation, you will see the resemblances and distinctions with the Nolah mattress, when it is compared to Casper bed mattress, Purple bed mattress and Layla Sleep bed mattress.
Nolah Vs. Casper
- Both are all-foam bed mattress that are 10 inches thick.
- Both use cooling options and ought to be relatively breathable.
- Both utilize an exclusive foam for comfort.
Comparable price range. ($ 550-$ 1,150 for Casper, $549-$ 1,069 for Nolah).
- Both provide totally free shipping and generous sleep trials.
- Nolah is softer than the Casper by a noticeable amount.
- Nolah has 3 foam layers, while Casper has 4.
- Nolah has a thicker support layer.
- Casper has a transition layer between its two top comfort layers and its base layer.
- Casper has a layer of memory foam for added pressure relief and body contouring.
- Nolah provides a longer trial duration of 120 days, compared to Casper’s 100 days.
I anticipate the resilience of the mattresses to be about equivalent, however I would maybe provide Nolah the small edge.
Nolah has a softer top layer with more provide, and is softer overall than Casper.
Casper has a shift layer on top of a thinner base layer.
Both mattresses need to be breathable and sleep cool throughout the night.
Casper will have more bounce than the Nolah.
Casper is a little firmer than average, but you can press into it about as much as you can the Nolah if you put sufficient pressure. Casper springs back more quickly and forcefully. See the videos listed below to see the similarities and differences highlighted. In general, I would say the Nolah is softer than the Casper.
Motion Transfer Differences
Both soak up pressure well, indicating they do not quickly transfer movement. That makes each a good option for couples. Nolah has a little bit of an edge here, however, because it sinks so much that it does not really move motion at all. If you bounce around enough on the Casper, the person beside you will feel it a bit.
Choose Nolah If:
- You are a side sleeper- Nolah’s softness make it excellent at soaking up pressure so you can sleep comfortably in your corner.
- You like sinking into your mattress – Nolah has a quicksand-feel to it, indicating is has a great deal of give, so you’ll sleep “in” it more than “on” it.
Select Casper If:
- You are a stomach or back sleeper – Casper’s firmness and zoned support construction make it a great choice for individuals who sleep on their stomach or back.
- You choose established business – Casper has weathered a good quantity of press attention and revamped its flagship bed mattress a couple of times.
Nolah Vs. Purple
- They both have proprietary comfort layers that eliminate pressure specifically well.
- They are both good options for hot sleepers who want a breathable mattress.
- They have similar base and transition layers that are quite basic for all-foam mattresses available online.
- They incorporate very different materials in their top layers and as a result have various feels.
- The Purple will be firmer than the Nolah for the majority of sleepers.
- The Nolah has a well balanced foam feel, and the Purple has a special responsive, squishy gel feel.
- The Nolah is less expensive than the Purple, but both are especially good values.
It is 9.5″ tall and features three gel and foam layers.
The cover is soft and thin and also does not impact the feel of the bed mattress substantially.
The very first layer is 2″ of a Purple Smart Comfort Grid, which is a hyper-elastic polymer with a squishy sensation.
Next, there are 3.5″ of a Luxurious Comfort Foam that acts as a buffer between the gel convenience layer and the base layer.
The base layer is 4″ of polyfoam, which is also quite standard for a base layer in an all-foam bed mattress.
Between these two mattresses, I thought the Nolah performed much better at isolating motion, and during the tests, I saw less movement transfer on this bed mattress.
I think this is because of the AirFoam in Nolah’s top layer. It resembles memory foam, which generally does a fine job of dealing with movement transfer.
Who Should Choose Nolah:
- People who desire a softer mattress- I felt this was the softer of the two mattresses, so if someone has had success with softer bed mattress or needs more pressure relief, the Nolah is a good bet.
- Side sleepers- If someone sleeps primarily on their side, the Nolah should give much better pressure relief. People will sink into the mattress a bit and feel that pressure disappear.
- Those who are lighter or typical weight- The Nolah will be best if someone is not too heavy. Much heavier individuals may press through the soft layers and feel the firmer layers beneath. If somebody is lighter, nevertheless, they must get a good well balanced foam feel as well as excellent pressure relief.
Who Should Choose Purple:
- Those who prefer a firmer mattress- For me, the Purple was the firmer of the two mattresses. If someone likes a firmer mattress or needs a bit more assistance, the Purple is the way to go.
- Mix sleepers- Because of its exclusive gel grid, Purple is an excellent match for multiple sleeping positions. If somebody move and changes positions at night, the Purple is a great option.
- Heavier sleepers-The gel grid is an excellent match for bigger individuals because it collapses without people bottoming out. If someone is on the heavier side, they might discover this mattress to be more comfortable as they trigger this gel grid more than lighter people may.
Nolah Vs Layla
- Both are all-foam bed mattress with about the same thickness (Nolah is 10″, Layla is 10.5″).
- Similar price variety ($ 499-$ 999 for Layla, $549-$ 1,069 for Nolah).
- Both have totally free shipping and provide a 4 month or 120 day trial.
- Nolah has a more responsive sleeping surface.
- Nolah uses an exclusive foam that eases pressure well however doesn’t trap heat. Layla utilizes copper-infused memory foam, which can assist in cooling too.
- Nolah is temperature level neutral and does not warm up overnight the way memory foam can.
- Layla is flippable, with a softer side and a firmer side, so you can provide the bed mattress a second chance if the first side doesn’t work for you.
Nolah is softer than the softer side of the Layla bed mattress in my viewpoint.
I think the sturdiness of the mattresses will be about equivalent, with Nolah possibly having an edge because of its higher-density convenience layers.
Nolah’s foam reacts faster to press, while Layla has more of a sinking into the bed mattress feeling.
Nolah is more temperature neutral, although Layla does a good task of dealing with the concern of sleeping hot with its construction. The copper may likewise contribute in heat reduction for the Layla.
Since Layla is flippable, you get more options for firmness and a better chance of getting that best firmness level.
Pick Nolah If:
- You’re a side sleeper who desires a little extra softness – I believe the Nolah is softer than the Soft side of the Layla. The proprietary foam is very good at easing pressure, making it a great alternative for side sleepers.
- You want a mattress that is more temperature neutral – The top layer of the Nolah is temperature level neutral, so you will not have any issues with sleeping hot.
Pick Layla If:
- You’re unsure what firmness is right for you – The two sides of the bed mattress provide you an extra chance at getting the right firmness for you.
- You have actually had success with memory foam before – The Layla has a classic memory foam feel. If you know you like memory foam, then you’ll be right at home with the Layla.
The Nolah bed mattress is an irresistible mix of soft and firm. Since it’s made without the heat-trapping viscoelastic chemicals utilized in Memory Foam, Nolah sleeps cooler, provides much better pressure relief and is far more durable than even the very best Memory Foam and Latex mattresses.
Current Website Deals:
- CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOLAH MATTRESS AND SAVE $300 + 2 FREE PILLOWS
- CLICK HERE TO SAVE UP TO $200 ON LAYLA SLEEP MATTRESS
- CLICK HERE TO GET FREE SHEETS PLUS A PLUSH PILLOW WITH PURPLE MATTRESS