With the growing popularity of Nolah mattress, we felt it would be a good idea to give the consumer a take a look at how it compares to other popular bed in a box brand names. Houston Mattress Factory
In this evaluation, you will see the similarities and distinctions with the Nolah bed mattress, when it is stacked up against Casper bed mattress, Purple mattress and Layla Sleep bed mattress.
Nolah Vs. Casper
- Both are all-foam mattresses that are 10 inches thick.
- Both provide cooling solutions and should be fairly breathable.
- Both utilize an exclusive foam for convenience.
Similar cost range. ($ 550-$ 1,150 for Casper, $549-$ 1,069 for Nolah).
- Both offer free shipping and generous sleep trials.
- Nolah is softer than the Casper by a visible amount.
- Nolah has 3 foam layers, while Casper has 4.
- Nolah has a thicker support layer.
- Casper has a shift layer between its 2 top comfort layers and its base layer.
- Casper has a layer of memory foam for added pressure relief and body contouring.
- Nolah uses a longer trial duration of 120 days, compared to Casper’s 100 days.
I expect the resilience of the mattresses to be about equal, however I would perhaps provide Nolah the minor edge.
Nolah has a softer top layer with more give, and is softer total than Casper.
Casper has a transition layer on top of a thinner base layer.
Both bed mattress ought to be breathable and sleep cool throughout the night.
Casper will have more bounce than the Nolah. Houston Mattress Factory
Casper is a little firmer than average, however you can push into it about as much as you can the Nolah if you put adequate pressure. Casper springs back more rapidly and forcefully. View the videos listed below to see the resemblances and differences illustrated. Overall, I would say the Nolah is softer than the Casper.
Motion Transfer Differences
Both absorb pressure well, implying they don’t easily transfer movement. That makes each a good choice for couples. Nolah has a little bit of an edge here, however, because it sinks so much that it does not really move movement at all. If you bounce around enough on the Casper, the person next to you will feel it a bit.
Choose Nolah If:
- You are a side sleeper- Nolah’s softness make it fantastic at soaking up pressure so you can sleep conveniently in your corner.
- You like sinking into your mattress – Nolah has a quicksand-feel to it, implying is has a lot of give, so you’ll sleep “in” it more than “on” it.
Choose Casper If: Houston Mattress Factory
- You are a stomach or back sleeper – Casper’s firmness and zoned support construction make it an excellent choice for individuals who sleep on their stomach or back.
- You prefer recognized business – Casper has weathered an excellent quantity of press attention and revamped its flagship mattress a couple of times.
Nolah Vs. Purple
- They both have proprietary comfort layers that relieve pressure especially well.
- They are both great options for hot sleepers who want a breathable bed mattress.
- They have similar base and transition layers that are quite standard for all-foam bed mattress readily available online.
- They include very different materials in their top layers and as a result have various feels.
- The Purple will be firmer than the Nolah for the majority of sleepers.
- The Nolah has a balanced foam feel, and the Purple has a distinct responsive, squishy gel feel.
- The Nolah is more affordable than the Purple, however both are specifically good values.
It is 9.5″ high and includes three gel and foam layers.
The cover is soft and thin and also does not impact the feel of the bed mattress significantly.
The very first layer is 2″ of a Purple Smart Comfort Grid, which is a hyper-elastic polymer with a squishy feeling.
Next, there are 3.5″ of a Plush Comfort Foam that serves as a buffer in between the gel comfort layer and the base layer.
The base layer is 4″ of polyfoam, which is also pretty standard for a base layer in an all-foam mattress.
In between these 2 bed mattress, I believed the Nolah carried out much better at separating motion, and throughout the tests, I saw less motion transfer on this mattress.
I think this is because of the AirFoam in Nolah’s leading layer. It is similar to memory foam, which typically does a fine task of handling motion transfer. Houston Mattress Factory
Who Should Select Nolah:
- People who want a softer mattress- I felt this was the softer of the two mattresses, so if somebody has actually had success with softer bed mattress or requires more pressure relief, the Nolah is a great bet.
- Side sleepers- If someone sleeps primarily on their side, the Nolah should give much better pressure relief. People will sink into the bed mattress a bit and feel that pressure disappear.
- Those who are lighter or typical weight- The Nolah will be best if someone is not too heavy. Much heavier individuals may push through the soft layers and feel the firmer layers beneath. If someone is lighter, however, they ought to get a great well balanced foam feel along with excellent pressure relief.
Who Should Select Purple:
- Those who prefer a firmer bed mattress- For me, the Purple was the firmer of the two bed mattress. If somebody likes a firmer bed mattress or needs a bit more assistance, the Purple is the way to go.
- Combination sleepers- Because of its proprietary gel grid, Purple is a great match for several sleeping positions. If someone moves around and changes positions at night, the Purple is a great choice.
- Heavier sleepers-The gel grid is a terrific match for larger people since it collapses without people bottoming out. If someone is on the heavier side, they may discover this bed mattress to be more comfortable as they trigger this gel grid more than lighter people may.
Nolah Vs Layla
- Both are all-foam bed mattress with about the same thickness (Nolah is 10″, Layla is 10.5″).
- Comparable cost variety ($ 499-$ 999 for Layla, $549-$ 1,069 for Nolah).
- Both have free shipping and provide a 4 month or 120 day trial.
- Nolah has a more responsive sleeping surface.
- Nolah uses an exclusive foam that alleviates pressure well however doesn’t trap heat. Layla utilizes copper-infused memory foam, which can help in cooling too.
- Nolah is temperature level neutral and doesn’t heat up over night the method memory foam can.
- Layla is flippable, with a softer side and a firmer side, so you can offer the mattress a 2nd possibility if the very first side does not work for you.
Nolah is softer than the softer side of the Layla mattress in my opinion.
I believe the sturdiness of the mattresses will have to do with equivalent, with Nolah possibly having an edge because of its higher-density convenience layers.
Nolah’s foam responds faster to press, while Layla has more of a sinking into the bed mattress feeling.
Nolah is more temperature neutral, although Layla does a good task of addressing the problem of sleeping hot with its building and construction. The copper may also contribute in heat decrease for the Layla.
Due to the fact that Layla is flippable, you get more choices for firmness and a much better possibility of getting that best firmness level.
Choose Nolah If:
- You’re a side sleeper who desires a little extra softness – I think the Nolah is softer than the Soft side of the Layla. The exclusive foam is very good at relieving pressure, making it an excellent option for side sleepers.
- You want a bed mattress that is more temperature neutral – The leading layer of the Nolah is temperature level neutral, so you will not have any problems with sleeping hot.
Select Layla If:
- You’re not sure what firmness is right for you – The two sides of the mattress offer you an extra shot at getting the right firmness for you. Houston Mattress Factory
- You have actually had success with memory foam before – The Layla has a traditional memory foam feel. If you know you like memory foam, then you’ll be right at home with the Layla.
The Nolah mattress is an irresistible mix of soft and firm. Due to the fact that it’s made without the heat-trapping viscoelastic chemicals used in Memory Foam, Nolah sleeps cooler, provides much better pressure relief and is far more long lasting than even the very best Memory Foam and Latex bed mattress.
Current Website Deals:
- CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOLAH MATTRESS AND SAVE $300 + 2 FREE PILLOWS
- CLICK HERE TO SAVE UP TO $200 ON LAYLA SLEEP MATTRESS
- CLICK HERE TO GET FREE SHEETS PLUS A PLUSH PILLOW WITH PURPLE MATTRESS